11 Compelling Reasons Now is the Time to Consider Kiosks for your Restaurant
You don’t have to look far to see that kiosks are popular with restaurateurs and guests. The latest industry stats and surveys confirm it.
Are you considering adding kiosks to your fast casual or quick serve restaurant?
According to a QSRweb poll from June 2020, more than 32% of restaurant leaders surveyed are considering adding self-order kiosks. Another 32% of respondents already have them. This is a 6% increase from Hospitality Technology’s annual Restaurant Technology Study for 2019, which revealed that 26% of respondents planned to add kiosk hardware for the first time. Among digital engagement innovators, the number is higher: 44% of these leaders will be making preliminary investments in kiosks.
So is now a good time for self-order? The stats seem to point to Yes. Check out our top 11 compelling reasons now is the time to consider kiosks for your restaurant.
- 6 to 8 months: Touchscreen kiosks pay for themselves in this timeframe.
- 65% of customers would visit an establishment more often if it had self-service kiosks. (1)
- 30% of customers prefer to order from a kiosk versus a cashier, even if the lines are equal in length. (1)
- 25% of restaurant customers have used a self-ordering kiosk at a restaurant within the past three months. (1)
- 41% of quick-service operators plan to devote more resources to tablets, iPads, tableside ordering systems, or self-serve kiosks. (2)
- 20%: Restaurants running Xenial kiosks report 20% or greater increase in service speed.
- 400%: Drop in order accuracy complaints at one nationwide sandwich chain (Xenial study).
- One team member: Reduction in staffing requirements during peak period at one nationwide sandwich chain (study performed by Xenial).
- 15%: Xenial customers report a 15% or greater bump in average check size due to intelligent upsell.
- 30%: increase in consumer spending when ordering through self-service kiosks. (3)
- The power of pairs: A pair of kiosks outperforms a single kiosk by a factor of 3! (Xenial study)
Ready To Make Self-Order Tech A Part Of Your Concept?
Talk to us about your goals. Our team of experts can help you ensure that your kiosk strategy is a success, now and in the future.